Short Bread

Short Bread

Monday, July 1, 2013

Bachelorette Weekend

This past weekend I had my bachelorette party. For years when I envisioned what I would do for this, I only ever saw my close group of girlfriends renting (or borrowing) a house on or near a lake for a weekend; eating, drinking, laughing and just having a marvelous time together. This is exactly what we did and it was a weekend I will never forget. I keep wanting to go back and do it all over again. If there’s one thing I’ve learned throughout my life from my mother it is the importance of girlfriends. Of course we all have our significant others who we love very much (if not yet, remain patient, it will happen), but there is something so extremely therapeutic about getting together with girlfriends who have known you for years. Girls who you can be silly with, lounge around in comfy’s with, vent about life with, etc.  It is something I hope to never take for granted and will always cherish.

As part of my contribution to the food for the bachelorette weekend, I made a favorite of mine. It’s a recipe I found from one of my favorite cooking blogs, Smitten Kitchen. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

 



Peach Shortbread Bars 
1 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 ¾ cup all purpose flour
¼ teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
¼ teaspoon salt
1 cup unsalted butter
1 large egg
2 peaches, pitted and thinly sliced

Preheat the oven to 375 f.

Use some butter to lightly coat the bottom of a 9x13 pan. Combine the sugar, baking powder, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt in a medium sized bowl. Wisk together so it’s mixed together. In a separate bowl, mix the butter and egg together until it’s creamed. Add in the flour mixture, using a mixer to combine until it is crumbly. Use about half the crumbly flour mixture to coat the bottom of the baking dish. Press it down into the pan; save the remainder of the flour mixture for the top. Add the sliced peaches and scatter the remaining flour mixture on top. Bake for approximately 40 minutes or until it slightly browns. Let cool and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment