Short Bread

Short Bread

Sunday, January 12, 2014

Lunch: Radish & Cucumber Pasta Salad with Shrimp, Feta, and a Lemon-Dill Dressing

I love lunch time. During the week, I usually get one hour for lunch per day and I want to make it count. I try to make delicious meals; something that I can look forward to. It's fun for me to find new recipes, make up my own, and then prep on Sunday so that they are ready to grab and go each morning. I find this also helps prevent me from buying junk food in our cafeteria, or being tempted to go out for lunch, which lets face it gets super expensive!!! I often feel that my lunches are just as good, if not better, than what they serve and also is much healthier and not full of preservatives that are in those frozen microwave meals. 

I've been trying to find multiple ways to improve a salad. Each week I challenge myself to find some new way to make my salads for lunch delicious and not boring. So far so good. And this week, I believe, is no exception. Below is the recipe and ingredients I used this week. It could be altered in so many ways that I'm already excited to try it again in a few weeks. I borrowed some of the recipe from Two Peas & Their Pod. But was able to alter and use things that I already had in my pantry. I hope you enjoy it. 

Radish & Cucumber Pasta Salad with Shrimp, Feta, and a Lemon-Dill Dressing

Combine the following ingredients:
1/2 lb of shrimp
2 cups cooked noodles (I prefer something small: small shells, orzo, etc.)
1(15oz can) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1 seedless cucumber, chopped
1/2 cup radish, sliced
1/2 cup of feta cheese, crumbled
1/4 cup, finely chopped onion (I prefer to use shallots)
1 tablespoon lemon zest (optional)

Dressing:
3 tablespoons of olive oil
Fresh lemon juice from 2 lemons
1 teaspoon garlic, minced
1 tablespoon of dill, finely chopped
Kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste

Toss salad, serve as is or over a bed of lettuce or spinach. Yumm!





No comments:

Post a Comment