Short Bread

Short Bread

Sunday, January 26, 2014

Breakfast Egg Casserole

This morning I made a really good breakfast casserole for my husband and I. We had wanted to go out to eat, but we are trying to save money also. So I thought I'd put a little more effort into breakfast and make them a little more exciting. This turned out delicious and very simple. It'll definitely be something I make more often. Plus, it made a ton of food so I will bring some leftovers to work this week. I hope it tastes good reheated!!

 

Breakfast Egg Casserole

1 case of store bought, ready to bake crescent rolls
1 lb Bob Evans breakfast sausage
1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
1 cup shredded Colby Jack cheese
4 egg whites
4 eggs
1 cup milk
¼ teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
Salt and pepper to taste
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Start by cooking the breakfast sausage and once finished, drain any of the grease that is left over.

In the bottom of a casserole dish, place the crescent rolls so they line the bottom of the dish. Top the crescent rolls with the sausage and then the cheese. Beat together with a whisk, the egg whites, eggs, milk, Cayenne Pepper, salt and pepper. Pour this mixture over the cheese in the casserole dish. Put the dish in the oven and let cook for 30-35 minutes. Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment