Short Bread

Short Bread

Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Old Fashioned Pancakes

Old Fashioned Pancakes

“Bun in the Oven” Cravings - Finale Pancake Month

I have about one month left of being pregnant with our first child. She is due to arrive on June 24th so hopefully she stays put until close to then. In honor of my final month I thought it’d be fun to have a Finale Month of all things pancakes! Pancakes seem to be the main thing I have craved weekly while being pregnant and I have become quite good and making them tasty and fluffy. Perhaps she will be a pancake lover when she is a little older and we can remake some of these recipes together as Mom and Daughter.

So, without further ado, I’d like to kick start my Finale Pancake Month with the simple Old Fashioned Pancake. 

Serves: 4 large pancakes

Recipe modified from the PocketChange Gourmet Blog


   Ingredients

     Dry Ingredients
1 cup flour
1 tablespoon sugar
  3 teaspoons baking powder
 ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
 ⅛ teaspoon nutmeg
 ½ teaspoon vanilla

Wet Ingredient
1 egg
¾ cup milk
2 tablespoons cooking oil

Instructions
1. Whisk all the dry ingredients in a large bowl. 
2. Add wet ingredients and mix well with a whisk.
3. Heat the pan and add a dollop of butter. Let the butter melt and pour batter onto the pan.
4. Cook until golden brown, about 3 minutes, flip and cook other side. 
5. I always heat the oven to about 250 degrees and put the cooked pancakes in there to keep warm.



No comments:

Post a Comment