Short Bread

Short Bread

Sunday, May 19, 2013

75 Days Until We Say "I Do"


I am getting married in 75 days! I can’t believe how fast the time has gone. Just recently I had my first of two bridal showers with ladies from the family and my mother’s oldest girlfriends. What a fun but odd feeling and experience to be the complete center of attention and to have all focus on you. Up until I got there I was so nervous; I can only imagine how nervous I’ll be on the actual wedding day.

My aunt on my dad’s side made the most thoughtful gift. It is such a great idea that I’d like to share it on here.  A few months ago she emailed my mother to send out a mass email to all her friends, my aunts, my fiancé’s mother and his aunts, etc. It was sent to all the “mommies” in our lives who have known us since we were kids. Ladies who I look up to and admire in so many ways; ladies who I have learned so much from and who most certainly have a special place in my heart.  They sent out a mass email to these woman asking for their most tried and true, favorite recipes. Then they all sent their recipes to my aunt who compiled them and made a book on Shutterfly.com.  With special notes from many of the woman to us, and recipes that I have loved for years all in one place, I think this gift will always hold a special place in our home. Here are some pictures, but they don’t do it justice.  Perhaps some of these will make it to the Coffee And…menu. Especially the Key Lime Pie which is to die for!!!








3 comments:

  1. Dear Jackie -- you touch my heart! 75 more days yeah!!! Guess what -- this idea is launching too! This is going to be a new adventure for me and a start of something new that I love to do!!! With a big "Pinch of Love" L&P always, Auntie Gail

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jackie, I was thrilled when your Mom shared the link to your blog.. what a great idea and wonderful site.. loved every entry... Your aunt Gail knows you so well.. she knew that you would love the recipe book and appreciate every entry.. I have a feeling this will become an heirloom and will be passed down to future generations...Can't wait to celebrate with you..please continue dreaming, planning and cooking..
    Love and Hugs Bessma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another lifetime event this Saturday - Addie's 1st birthday party. Looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete