Short Bread

Short Bread

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Kitchen Tour

I thought I’d snap some pictures of the kitchen we have at the apartment we are at now. It’s not much, but it helps get the job done. Adding own personal touches helps keep it inviting and cozy. What’s in your kitchen that makes it unique to you?
My BFF gave me a yellow recorder for my 30th birthday. It came with a song book and I figured there would be no better place for it than in with my wooden spatulas. It’s in a place where I can see it and am able to play it for our two cats almost every day. At first it scared them, but now I think they are either used to it, or like it. I think they are just used to it, because when I do play it their ears kind of roll back as if they are hearing a horrible screeching sound. I think I’ll keep the recorder in that spot forever. 
And, of course I put some crayola markers there too so I can leave pretty notes for my fiance.



This little corner has the items I use daily. The flour and sugar tins to the left were my grandmothers. I only have two though and want to get the complete set. I’ve found them on Etsy, but have yet to buy them. There is a scale to the far right which was also hers. I actually do use it to help weigh some of my portions for Weight Watcher points and it works well for this. I think they give the kitchen a vintage look which I love. That wooden cutting board is one of the best gifts I’ve gotten. My future sister-in-law gave it as a Christmas gift. I love it as well and feel like a real chef when I use it.
Olive oil, honey, and sprinkles are out since those are my go to items these days. I am a huge advocate for honey; I believe it can help cure most colds and help actually prevent them from starting in the first place. I usually put some on an English muffin or in my Greek yogurt for breakfast in the morning.  I also keep a large tub of it at work just in case someone isn't feeling well. I give them a teaspoon of honey. People think I go overboard with it, but I've found research stating they used to use it as an antibiotic (back in the old days). I know it still works today…don’t believe me? Just do a little Google search or try taking a little bit every few days yourself. You’ll be amazed at all it can help with. The sprinkles are there because for the past few weeks I have been on a dessert kick of frozen vanilla yogurt and rainbow sprinkles. My favorite!

And, what would a refrigerator be without a few magnets holding up pictures, love notes, save the dates, and a prayer? The prayer is called the Serenity Prayer. I read it every now and then and it seems to help me remember to take a few deep breaths and remember all I have to be grateful and thankful for.


No comments:

Post a Comment