Short Bread

Short Bread

Sunday, April 21, 2013

What’s in a name?


As I have been thinking and dreaming of my favorite future children’s names for years, I have done the same for this “bakery.”  My grandma always loved her sweets and desserts. But more than that, she loved spending time with those she loved. After a meal together, she would say, “now it’s time for some coffee and…” Meaning, it’s time for a cup of coffee (or whatever you prefer) and usually a treat to go along with the coffee.  The treat could be anything. But usually, you always have the coffee.

Getting together with friends or family for coffee has always been a way for people to socialize and spend time together. You can walk past any Starbucks or Caribou coffee and see people interacting with others. I have spent countless hours myself meeting up with friends for coffee. This inviting, cozy, social atmosphere is what I would love to have; a place where locals come and the servers know exactly what they want before they enter. A place where mom’s can come with (or without) their children and spend time with their girlfriends. A place where one can come, cozy up on a chair and read a good book for hours. A place where a couple can come for a sweet treat. But, all would come for “Coffee And…”

No comments:

Post a Comment