Short Bread

Short Bread

Sunday, April 28, 2013

Vaccaro's Bakery

Last fall my fiancĂ© (Kevin) and I took a road trip out east. He is originally from New York and my dad is from New Jersey so I have a good chunk of family who still lives there. Kevin was standing up in a wedding just outside of Philadelphia, so we just decided to make a longer road trip out of it. I love road trips; I think they give the perfect opportunity to see so much more of states and scenery. Perhaps it's because that's what my family did growing up, but I do love a good road trip. So, we took a week and half, drove from Illinois to Philadelphia (which we must go back and visit for longer sometime). After the wedding, we drove up to New Jersey for a few hours. I wish we had more time to spend there, but only had a few hours to see my Aunt, Uncle, Grandmother, and Kevin's godmother and stop at one of my family’s favorite bakeries before we had to get on the road and head up to Connecticut for the night. It's called Vaccaro's and we go especially for the crumb buns they make. Whenever our New Jersey side of the family get together we get an obscene amounts of crumb buns from this bakery and they are gone within a matter of hours. Below are some pictures from there. I would like to attempt to make my own crumb buns and test out a few recipes to find the best one. 



No comments:

Post a Comment